RESETTLEMENT WORKER – DOMESTIC ABUSE SUPPORT & ACCOMMODATION PROJECT (DASAP)
FUNDED BY THE NATIONAL LOTTERY THROUGH THE BIG LOTTERY FUND
(1 x FULL TIME POST – 36.25 hours pw)
Qualified Scale: £17,154.00 – £20,695.00 (full-time)
Unqualified Scale: £16,490.00 – £16,621.00 (full-time)
Fixed-Term until 30th June 2019
Aberdeen Cyrenians was fortunate to be awarded Big Lottery Funding for 5 years commencing 1st July 2014 for a new project for women, men and families affected by domestic abuse.
The service works in partnership with Aberdeen City Council to provide emergency support and a range of practical, emotional and advocacy support measures to ensure individuals feel safe in their accommodation of choice.
Aberdeen Cyrenians currently has 1 vacancy within the busy DASAP team and the role includes providing one to one support to individuals affected by domestic abuse, inter-agency working and continuously monitoring and evaluation the service Aberdeen Cyrenians can provide. The successful candidate should also have the ability to be flexible with working hours on occasion.
Job Activities will include:
- Form, develop, sustain and maintain relationships with women, men and families through which individual lifestyles and situations can be addressed and work with individuals on a 1-1 basis to address individual needs.
- Intervene in crises to effectively avoid and pre-empt incidents and threats to personal safety.
- Assist individuals to access accommodation and associated practical tasks.
- Liaise/work with Aberdeen City Council Housing Access Service/other agencies in relation to meeting the needs of individuals affected by domestic abuse.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an understanding of social justice issues such as homelessness, substance misuse.
- Have a minimum of 6 months in a social care environment experience desirable.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills for working with colleagues, service users and the wider public.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills including knowledge of MS Office packages with good attention to detail.
- Have respect for the Aims and Values of the organisation and the work that we do.
This position is subject to joining the PVG Scheme and SSSC Registration.
If you are interested in this vacancy and in joining a dynamic and friendly team with enhanced Annual Leave, Sick Pay and Flexible Working provisions, apply now through our website completing an Application Form
The closing date for this position is Friday 20th July 2018
Please send all completed Application Forms to
62 Summer Street
or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete Application Form
Complete Equality & Diversity Form
View Job Description