RESETTLEMENT WORKER – VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN PROJECT
FUNDED BY THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT
(FULL TIME POST – 36.25 hours pw)
Qualified Scale: £17,154.00 -£20,695.00 (full-time)
Unqualified Scale: £16,490.00 – £16,621.00 (full-time)
Funded until 30th June 2020
Women only need apply. This post is covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (Schedule 9: Equality Act 2010).
Aberdeen Cyrenians’ Violence Against Women Project supports women experiencing gender-based abuse, as well as related issues including homelessness, mental health, substance misuse and criminal justice and the role includes providing one to one support to individuals affected and inter-agency working.
Job Activities will include:
- Form, develop, sustain and maintain relationships with women through which individual lifestyles and situations can be addressed and work with women on a 1-1 basis to address individual needs.
- Intervene in crises to effectively avoid and pre-empt incidents and threats to personal safety.
- Ensure that the basic needs of women are addressed and met.
- Assist women in their transition into the service or their own accommodation.
- Liaise/work with a range of agencies in relation to meeting the needs of women.
- Advocate on women’s behalf.
- Support women in relation to emotional issues, substance misuse/mental health issues and support women to deal with issues of abuse.
- Plan/participate and assist service user involvement in social activities on a one–to–one and group basis.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an understanding of social justice issues such as homelessness, substance misuse.
- Have a minimum of 6 months in a social care environment experience desirable.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills for working with colleagues, service users and the wider public.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills including knowledge of MS Office packages with good attention to detail.
- Have respect for the Aims and Values of the organisation and the work that we do.
This position is subject to joining the PVG Scheme and SSSC Registration.
For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details
Please send all completed Application Forms or CV’s to
62 Summer Street
or email them to email@example.com
The closing date for this Friday 20th July 2018
Complete Application Form
Complete Equality & Diversity Form
View: Job Description