RESIDENTIAL RESETTLEMENT WORKER – MARGARET HOUSE
(FULL TIME RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT – SHIFT WORK – 39 hours pw)
Qualified Scale: £18,455.00 – £22,265.00 per annum
Unqualified Scale: £17,740.00 – £17,881.00 per annum
This role involves working with vulnerable people, supporting them with multiple issues associated with homelessness. The successful candidate will provide a resettlement service for our service users based on their individual needs, with outcomes focused on service users gaining and maintaining a settled lifestyle in the community.
We are looking for team players who are flexible, understand emotional issues, are service user focused, can develop others, and who show initiative.
Job Activities will include:
- Inspire service users to move towards a more positive life.
- Plan individual and group support, implement and review support plans including arranging life skill development programmes and planning service user involvement in social activities.
- Intervene in a crisis to provide effective pre-emption of accidents and incidents.
- Ensure that basic needs of service users are addressed and met.
- Assist service users into the service or their own accommodation which may include practical tasks
- Liaise with a range of agencies in relation to meeting the needs of service users
- Advocate on service users’ behalf
- Work with service users to tackle debts, prepare budgets
- Assist service users with substance misuse/mental health issues
- Assist service users with medication where required
- Assist with day to day issues in the care setting
- Handle finance in relation to petty cash, service user finance, devolved budget
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an understanding of social justice issues such as homelessness, substance misuse.
- Have a minimum of 6 months in a social care environment experience desirable.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills for working with colleagues, service users and the wider public.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills including knowledge of MS Office packages with good attention to detail.
- Have respect for the Aims and Values of the organisation and the work that we do.
This position is subject to joining the PVG Scheme and SSSC Registration.
If you are interested in this vacancy apply now by completing and returning an Application Form and Equality and Diversity Form.
For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details below.
All completed Application Forms can be sent to
62 Summer Street
View Job Description
Complete: Application Form
Complete: Equality & Diversity Form