DEPUTE SERVICE MANAGER – WERNHAM HOUSE
(FULL TIME POST – 39 hours pw)
Qualified Scale: £30,786 – £32,629 (SCP 36 – SCP 38)
Unqualified Scale: £27,795 – £29,987 (SCP 32 – SCP – 35)
Aberdeen Cyrenians is a local charity that aims to meet the needs of people affected by homelessness through the provision of a variety of services.
Aberdeen Cyrenians has been providing a service at Wernham House for almost 30 years. We provide residential and respite care accommodation to adults who have alcohol/substance misuse issues, mental health issues, challenging behaviour issues and would have difficulties in maintaining mainstream tenancies. Care and support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by a dedicated team of Resettlement Workers.
We are currently recruiting for a Depute Service Manager for our Wernham House project. This post is responsible for managing day-to-day operations in a residential project including the effective service delivery to service users, managing human resources, financial resources and health and safety.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Service Manager in ensuring that the service complies with all relevant legislation and requirements.
- Participate as part of the organisation’s Management Team in areas including contract procurement, strategic planning, policy development and implementation.
- The promotion and maintenance of appropriate inter-agency and multi-agency working arrangements and initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Service Manager, ensure that the service continues to evolve and adapt to meet the needs of the service users.
- Promoting, implementing and maintaining effective strategies and systems to encourage and enable service users to be involved in the management and development of the service.
- Assist the Service Manager in overseeing the quality and standard of work produced by the project staff as well as guiding them in how they can improve and develop within the role.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a professional social care qualification.
- Have a strong commitment to the aims and values of the organisation and to our service users.
- Have experience in working within Adult Support Services and in a resettlement position.
- Have experience of inter-agency / partnership working.
- Provide strong leadership with the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team, recognising the needs and strengths of all team members, and acting accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. With the ability to lead others by example, demonstrating emotional awareness and concern for both staff and service-users
This position is subject to joining the PVG Scheme.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21st September 2018
All completed applications to be sent to
62 Summer Street
View: Job Description
Complete: Application Form
Complete: Equality & Diversity Form
View: General Information